Monday 5 July 2010

15 minutes....

...of fame? Not really, but an interesting 5 minute glance nevertheless.

When the BBC Money Matters team wanted an entrepreneur to interview on 'How to beat tough times' I thought 'why not'?

Abbie from our PR company promised I'd be fine and packed me off to the 'Custard Factory', a beautiful independent studio with skyline views stretching from the Bullring shopping centre across the city of Birmingham.

It was quite an experience, though I may well end up the villain and I'm praying the BBC editors have not been unkind.


Ben the producer told me “I would see how ‘telly’ works” as a cross section of 10 other citizens and me got together to discuss salary.

There's more, a bus driver, a single Mum trying to start a business and me, were to be a judging panel who would take the combined earnings of the other 8 and redistribute the dosh as we saw fit.

That's never going to go well, is it?

And what after a good old argument over 'who deserves what' where I've 'played God' with their salary, do they all say to smarty-pants here, sitting next to the single mum when I get revealed as the highest earner?


To be honest I'm curious myself how it will look. I still don't know and it air’s on BBC2 tomorrow night Tuesday, July 6th, at 8 o'clock.

The team promise I came over nicely, but if it doesn't look good, well Mum I promise I was nice to them all... and I might reveal some of the secrets of how ‘telly’ really works….

No comments:

Post a Comment